Home remedies for cold sores are readily available, powerful and definitely proven to offer great relief. It is very popular and some sites even offer a miracle cure for a small price. It can give you more powerful and quicker results than medical anti-virus drugs. It is still the best methods you can use to beat these oral herpes attacks. It is the safest and most effective treatments available today.
Cold sores are caused by herpes virus. This herpes are type of simplex virus-1 (HSV-1) will cause fever blisters. It lies inactive inside the ganglia after infection. The blisters appear around the nose and mouth. They then burst open releasing a sticky golden fluid. For a first time infection, the disease lasts about three weeks. The virus later goes into the dormant stage.
Cold sores can be spread by having close contact like kissing, hugging with the infected person as these viruses are contagious. Children can be attacked by this virus while playing with the infected person. Home remedies for cold sores that are natural and effective will help to promote healing and relieve the pain and discomfort you may experience when fighting an eruption.
Best home remedies for cold sores you may try:
- Petroleum jelly can beneficial to moisturize and ease cold sore which important to stop from breaking and bleeding.
- Eat better food to strengthen you, food which includes plenty of fiber as well as foods generating alkali, but excludes sweets as well as processed food. Eat good quality foods rich in nutrients including fresh organic vegetables. Also consider taking multi vitamins.
- Witch Hazel can also be applied on sores which will give you a relief. In the common salt just dip your moist index finger and press it on the sore for approximately 30 seconds.
- Cold milk is the best medicine for healing the cold sores. Take a cotton pad and soak in the cold milk, by making use of the cotton apply carefully around the infected region.
- Utilize lemon balm extract around the blister that can help to relieve symptoms and accelerates curing. The lemon balm is named bee balm, which is actually a sulphate-based solution with copper as a trace ingredient. It has also proven great results most of the time of fever blister occurrence.
- Among the best home treatments pertaining to cold sores is just to apply a lukewarm and moist tea bag over the cold sore for about five minutes each hour. Make use of a tea containing tannic acid. Please always rinse your mouth region utilizing one teaspoon potassium chlorate together with a glass water. Do two or three repetitions on a daily basis.
- One very simple home remedy involves the use of ice to treat a cold sore. Simply take an ice pack and hold it against the area in which cold sores appear when at the tingling stage to diminish the effects of an outbreak, even stopping the blister phase completely, or keep up against the blister or lesion once it’s got shown up to minimize discomfort and inflammation. Half an hour is all that is required and the point that almost every single house has a ready supply of ice in the fridge means it is one home treatment that is always available.
So as you see, there are many options home remedies for cold sores available to you. You don’t need prescription and over the counter drugs for your cold sores. The above remedies are far more effective, try them out and see what works for you best. You don’t have to worry if you are out of pills or creams. Just see to it that you keep the sores clean and dry and that you maintain a sound immune system to fight the outbreak. Wishing you all the best with getting rid of those awful cold sores forever.