There are numerous physical and psychological problems that arise when a woman is pregnant. Until a woman confirms pregnancy, she experiences anxieties since being pregnant is a miracle to most people. After experiencing the first signs of pregnancy, a woman needs to get herself ready to bear any problem linked to carrying the foreign body although it’s a pleasure for her. Among those, the following are three most common problems during pregnancy.
Although it’s deemed a problem, it’s mostly expected by most women as it can generally be one of the real signs of pregnancy. It’s not necessarily that it will occur only in the morning. Basically, morning sickness can arise at any period of the day – even when laid on the bed after dinner. Morning is sickness usually associated with nausea, and the most possible time to face nausea is during the first trimester. This sickness may last till the end of the second trimester.
Remedy to Morning Sickness
- Avoid fried and fatty foods
- Drink water regularly to avoid dehydration. Take in a cup of warm water in your empty stomach prior to taking coffee to kick off your day.
- Take lemon juice with moderately added sugar
- Take enough rest. Relax for some time in bed or watching TV shows.
- Divert your mind to some melodies (music) that will ease any dizziness and relax your mind.
A swollen ankle is a very common problem during pregnancy. Whilst a little swelling is usually normal, an abnormal acute swelling will certainly require a visit to the doctor, because the swelling could be as a result of Preeclampsia. This is a condition commonly experienced in pregnancy first-timers and those over 35, and it’ll normally manifest itself in extreme ankle swellings, with the associated symptoms of proteinuria and hypertension being present as well. Medication and bed-rest may be essential to prevent the condition form turning into Eclampsia, which can be a fatal condition. Prevention is certainly the best cure, so in case you’re concerned about experiencing swollen ankles or beginning to notice some changes during pregnancy, there are a few things you should know to avoid the pain.
Remedy to Swollen Ankles
- Always rest on the left side and elevate your legs where possible. This will increase the nutrients and blood flow to the placenta. Good circulation averts swelling in the extremities.
- Drink adequate water and have a balanced diet. Enough water prevents dehydration, boosts circulation, and gets rid of toxins.
- Avoid standing for long time periods; consider stretching often. Use a stool if your job requires standing. Work off-time will be very necessary too. If you can’t avoid standing or sitting, ensure that your exercise and stretch a lot. This promotes blood circulation and averts fluid buildup.
Pregnancy back pain is something completely normal and even though it may seem to last forever the pain usually subsides after 20 weeks into the pregnancy. The backache and back spasms result from the softening of the support ligaments and back disks because of an increase in progesterone during early pregnancy stages. There are pains linked to the growing belly and the widening frame. These puts forth pressure on the back also, and that’s the reason why as close to 90% of women grumble of back pain when pregnant.
Remedy to Back Pain
- Take enough rest. And I mean enough’, since too much rest can definitely lead to back pains and stiffness.
- Take light exercises. Exercising stretches out your back muscles, keep your blood flowing and ease most of the back pain. Exercising is the best way to ease and deal with back pains since it isn’t right to start medication early for the baby’s safety.
- Massage. Tell your spouse to massage your back gently each and every day and you will relieve the strain and stress.
- Explore new sleeping positions every time you go to bed. For example, try to sleep on your side if you often sleep on your back and vice versa. Bend one or both of your knees into a fetal position. You may opt to place a pregnancy body pillow e.g. the snoogle pregnancy pillow or a rolled up towel in between your knees or beneath your stomach. The key thing here is to experiment till you get the best position for your comfort.
A snoogle pregnancy pillow is particularly designed for the pregnant woman. It eliminates the need for all those pillows being placed in deliberate spots. The pillow helps align the spine, support the woman’s back and belly, and also relieve heartburn. An example is the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow, which is a patented full body type design. Its unique form follows the natural body outline and contours supporting you in line and in comfort from top to bottom. The advantage of this full body pillow is that after starting using it you won’t need to use any other pillows to attain good quality sleep as it provides all the support that you need to eliminate those aches and pains.
By following the above remedies and having a balanced diet you will most definitely enjoy your pregnancy as motherhood is considered the best time of a woman’s life!